Skip to main content
Question
Fast fashion
Asked a question 10 months ago

Do you have any tips to helping reduce your fast fashion consumption? You have your buying from charity shops, repairing your favourite pieces to a better condition & clothes swapping with your friends, but I'd love to hear if you have any further tips?

Where am I?

In Snowball you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi Emily! 

Great question. You've already identified some of the best things you can do to reduce your consumption of fast fashion! 

A few ideas I'd add:

1. I always find the best thing is just having a look through my drawers and cupboards and coming across old items I'd forgotten about! I know that's a boring answer but I always find some old hidden gem that's getting more and more retro!
  2. There are more and more clothes sharing sites. Especially for one off events - there's no point in buying new when it's cheaper and way better for the planet to rent items. As Anna mentioned there's Depop. You can also check out this link for a few great dress hire ideas. 
  3. If you're using big online retailers (Asos, H&M etc) see if they have a sustainable/eco-friendly section to their website. Or if it's a search option. More and more do these days!

Hope that's helpful! 😊

Sarah

Hey Emily - have you seen Depop?21 It's an app for buying and selling second hand clothes. Loads of great things on there! 😊

Related Questions

No related questions.