Skip to main content
Question
Food waste
Asked a question 10 months ago

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do with waste coffee beans left over from a caffettiera or used tea bags? I'm either having to tip them down the sink or put them in the bin, of which I don't feel great doing either of those things! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where am I?

In Snowball you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi Emily! 

Thanks for the question. There are loads of things you can do with coffee grounds, tea bags are a bit more tricky. 

Coffee's full of good stuff so you can use it as fertiliser in your garden. It's definitely one for the food waste bin if nothing else. Here's a great article19 about all the things you can do with them.

With tea bags, a surprisingly high proportion of them still contain plastic. Most companies are pledging to move to fully biodegradable bags, but few have managed it yet. So have a good read of your packaging before you choose what to do with them. This BBC article 15tells you where you stand with different brands of tea bag!

Hope that's helpful!

Harry

Related Questions

No related questions.